AFTER 10 LONG YEARS OF BEING MISDIAGNOSED WE FINALLY CONCLUDED THAT HUBBY HAS CELIAC AND THAT THE WHOLE FAMILY CAN BENIFIT FROM ELIMINATING OR LIMITING GLUTEN FROM OUR DIETS. I AM NOT A GOOD COOK BY ANY MEANS AND FRANKLY DISLIKED COOKING ALTOGHETHER, BUT IN JAN 2010 THAT ALL CHANGED. HERE IS OUR JOURNEY BEING G-FREE....

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Lately

Okay so I have not been posting much but that does not mean that I haven't been trying new things.
Well I did make the Fudge It form the sugar free gluten free cookbook. I am not sure how I feel about it. Both of my girls LOVE it but it is sooo rich that I just don't know how to describe it. I shared some with my friend Michelle and maybe I can get her to post her comments. But wow it was rich...
I have spent quite a lot of time and money getting the ingredients to make a few more recipes from the g-free sugar-free book, I have also found that the local WinCo carries a lot of the things I need at almost 1/2 the price. Wow that's so huge. As I make a few more I will post my thoughts. Next up is an almond joy type of treat :)
So I have to tell you that the best find, is that today I learned how to make the worlds best stir fry, fried rice and egg and onion ever. Although I would never say that it is "easy" I would say that once I get the hang of the timing it will get easier... Clara thank you yet again for your time and energy. Gluten free food that has so much flavor and is healthy for you is just the thing our family needs, not to mention that it is so versatile that we can change the stir fry up for what ever it is that we feel like for that meal. Thanks is not ever enough.
I am looking forward to the exciting week ahead with so many new things to try. Wish me luck....

No comments:

Post a Comment