AFTER 10 LONG YEARS OF BEING MISDIAGNOSED WE FINALLY CONCLUDED THAT HUBBY HAS CELIAC AND THAT THE WHOLE FAMILY CAN BENIFIT FROM ELIMINATING OR LIMITING GLUTEN FROM OUR DIETS. I AM NOT A GOOD COOK BY ANY MEANS AND FRANKLY DISLIKED COOKING ALTOGHETHER, BUT IN JAN 2010 THAT ALL CHANGED. HERE IS OUR JOURNEY BEING G-FREE....

Sunday, April 25, 2010

This Just In

So while at the book store yet again today, I found a potential ray of sunshine. I bought Sugar-Free Gluten-Free Baking and Desserts by Kelly E. Keough. I am so very excited to give this a shot. To take all refined sugar out of my diet and Gluten too. I might just get to have my cake and eat it too? We will see how it all turns out. I am going to make her signature Fudge It tomorrow and see how it tastes. I am almost positive that I will love it. She uses agave and stevia in place of sugar. I thought that honey and molasses and maple syrup were all okay due to the fact that they are all natural but they all mess with your glycemic index. Well no more of that for me. Lets see. Wish me luck... Hey the kidos might like it too and I will not have to worry sooo much about the sugar content. Win, win if you ask me....

1 comment:

  1. Another great sugar substitute I found is dates. Soak a cup of dates in warm water for about 1-2 hours. Drain the water and then puree the dates in a food processor or blender. Tastes just like brown sugar. I use it in place of white or brown sugar in a recipe.

    ReplyDelete